Here is an easy way to start a blog on any subject imaginable. Blogging can be a great tool for promoting your products and giving your store a personal touch, as well as give a boost to your site's SEO ranking. Type www.bigcommerce.com in any search engine. Click on the bigcommerce official site link that comes up.
Then click on the blue get started button in the upper right of the screen. Then fill in the boxes in the center of the screen for a free fifteen day trial and enter your email and choose create a password to create a password for your account. Then click the link in your email to log-in with your email and password.
By default, a basic blog is included on the BigCommerce platform. The look and feel of the blog is controlled by the website theme You choose. To access the blog, go to Storefront › Blog.
Enabling and Disabling the blog
By default, the built-in blog is enabled on your BigCommerce store.
If you are using a different blogging platform like Wordpress or don't want to use a blog, you can turn it off by going to Storefront › Blog.
Set the Blog Visibility switch to the off position to disable the built-in blog.
Creating a Blog Post
1. On the blog page, then click the + button
2. Give the post a Title, then add your content to Body.
Need some inspiration? Check out Best Practices for Blogging for tips and ideas on writing blog posts for ecommerce marketing. For a list of the highest converting and most popular blogs visit https://www.engadget.com/ and https://makeawebsitehub.com/examples-of-blogs/
3. Click Save Draft to save your work. This is so you can pick up where you left off, and publish at a later time.
4. Click Publish when you are ready for the post to be seen by your audience.
Use the blog's WYSIWYG editor to add images, video and special formatting to your post content.
- Author — designates who wrote this particular blog post
- Tags — used for categorizing similar blog posts
- Summary Thumbnail Image — displays a thumbnail image to be included in the post summary
- Post URL — designates a specific URL for the post; generated based off of the post Title
- Meta description — specifies the description that will appear in the appropriate meta tag for this post
Where is the Summary Image? The summary thumbnail image will show on the blog summary page, it may not display on the actual blog post itself.
These settings allow you to control some aspects of your blog.
About This Blog
- Blog Title — The name that will appear in your store's navigation. Keeping this short and simple is best.
- Blog URL — You can enter a custom Blog URL, if you'd like. By default, it is automatically generated based off of the Blog Title.
Social sharing controls Facebook likes, Twitter and Pinterest are
enabled for your blog by default. You can modify these by clicking
Edit in Store Settings.
Under Store Settings, click the Share tab along the top. For more information see Share Settings.
If you have an existing Disqus account, you can use it for blog comments by turning on Disqus Comments and entering a Disqus Shortname.
To learn more about setting up comments with Disqus, view Using Disqus Comments.
Recent Blog Posts
Some themes display your most recent blog posts on the homepage. You can define how many blog posts to show on your store's homepage through display settings. Display store settings can be accessed in Store Setup › Store Settings, under the Display tab. You will see Recent blog posts in the first section. Enter the number you want to display. Set it to 0 if you do not want blog posts to show.
Here is another popular blog example in addition to our own you should really check out. Blog Examples